Tami Renee Jackson (17) was found murdered on January 26, 1994. Her remains were on an isolated area of Hutchinson Island in Savannah, Georgia. Tami was stabbed 130 times. She was bound and run over by a car. The picture on the left comes from the justice page made on Facebook by her sisters. Nobody has ever been charged in this case. It remains unsolved.
Aside from the articles that I found in the public domain (links below) it is difficult to find more information online. I have so many questions.
- Who reported Tami missing?
- Did she ever express fear or told someone that she was being bullied/bothered by someone?
About the murder weapon:
- what kind of knife was used?
- which stab wound was fatal?
- were most stab wounds ante-mortem or post-mortem?
- was the killer left-or right-handed?
- was the knife found at the crime scene?
- if so, has it been preserved and can we test it for DNA?
About the binding:
- how was Tami bound? Hands and/or feet?
- was she also gagged?
- were the binding materials taken from the scene or did the killer bring those with them?
- were those binding materials preserved and if so can we test them with the M-Vac?
- does the way of binding Tami tell us anything about the killer(s)? I mean the type of knots used, the uniqueness of the binding materials (can be bought anywhere or not), left or right handed, etc.
About being run over:
- what kind of car/tire type was most likely used?
- was Tami first stabbed, then bound, then run over, or in another order?
About her autopsy:
- what was the result of her autopsy?
- official cause of death?
- was she killed where she was found?
- was she killed on the day she disappeared?
- any other injuries or trauma?
If you have links to newspaper articles about Tami’s case that are in the public domain and not hidden behind paywalls, please contact me.
Rest in peace, Tami Renee Jackson.
If you have any information, please contact Savannah Crime Stoppers at 912-234-2020.