If you get an alert about my latest posts by email, then you may be using Feedburner from Google. In April of this year, Google announced a new infrastructure for Feedburner. As a consequence, they are dropping the email subscriptions after July 2021.
Currently, there are several hundreds of email addresses subscribed. So, I checked the latest analytics.
Most traffic to my website comes from keywords, targeted searches. People know which case they wish to explore and research or, they start with the cold case database and then used the new dropdown menu to find index and summary options.
I thought about a new service to replace Feedburner. However, I don’t use any of the kind of services that they provide. I don’t send out newsletters, additional emails, etc.
Even if I decide to add a new Feedburner service, you have to sign up for that yourself. I will not do a blanket transfer. To me, that is a violation of privacy. And, since I have many international readers, I would be violating GDPR regulations.
The Feedburner service ends after July. You have until then to check if you really use it and explore other ways to get notifications about my latest posts. Some options:
- Make checking DCC a routine.
- Set up a calendar reminder.
- Check social media such as Pintrest and Twitter.
- Create a file on your computer with bookmarked websites. I have one creatively called ‘to read’ and added it to my browser’s menubar. I check it weekly.
- If you have your own blog/website and are using WordPress you can use their service to follow DCC by adding my website to your WP Reader.
- Last, I am sure that you can find an app for all of this too!
I apologize for any inconvenience however, this is a Google decision. Here is the article.