Developments Kyron Horman Case

Kyron Horman

The latest development in the case of the missing Oregon boy Kyron Horman, is that authorities will be looking closely to the stepmother Terri Horman. She previously stated that she saw Kyron last after she dropped him off at Skyline Elementary School and saw him walking down the hallway towards his classroom. However, cell phone records indicate she may not have been at the elementary school at that time, according to a report in People Magazine.

Authorities have refused to comment on the report. In fact, Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton disputed the notion that Kyron’s stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, has been uncooperative with investigators.

Pressure has been mounting on the stepmother. She has taken two polygraphs and has been served with divorce papers and a restraining order by her husband, Kaine Horman, who is Kyron’s father.

Authorities believe a missing 7-year-old Oregon boy is still alive, and said that the search for him is progressing faster than most searches of its kind. The investigation has been “scaled down” since it began on June 4, but 20 investigators are still working to find Kyron Horman.

The Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office (Oregon) has asked anyone who was at Skyline Elementary on the day Kyron disappeared if he or she recalled seeing his stepmother at the school.

Kyron was wearing dark cargo pants and a black T-shirt with the “CSI” logo on it at the time of his disappearance. He is 3 feet 8 inches, weighs 50 pounds and has brown hair and blue eyes.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office (Oregon) at 1-503-261-2847.

Another development is a murder-for-hire scenario.

A landscaper who worked for Kyron Horman’s family at their rural Northwest Portland home told authorities that the missing boy’s stepmom offered to pay him to kill her husband. The landscaper said that Terri Moulton Horman approached him with the murder-for-hire plot six to seven months before Kyron disappeared. She reportedly offered the landscaper a large sum of money to carry out the scheme.

Detectives with the Multnomah County Major Crimes Team shared the landscaper’s account with Kyron’s father, Kaine Horman. That prompting him to leave the house June 26 with the couple’s 19-month-old daughter. Within two days, he obtained a family law attorney and filed divorce papers and a petition for a restraining order under the Family Abuse Prevention Act.

Authorities have responded to this information with the following statement: “There will be no comment from the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office regarding the information reported in the July 4, 2010 Oregonian,” Lt. Mary Lindstrand, a sheriff’s spokeswoman, wrote in the statement. “The information released in the Oregonian article did NOT come from the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office. This is an ongoing investigation. There is no press conference scheduled for today or tomorrow.”

We will be following this case so check back here for further news. To be continued…